Ozone Chrono V4 Foil Kite
The Chrono V4 features an all-new material combination with a durable, airtight and lightweight double rip-stop for the upper and lower surfaces.
OZONE CHRONO V4
Universal High Performance Foil Kite
THE CHRONO LEGACY LIVES ON! THE ALL-NEW V4 HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDESIGNED WITH EMPHASIS ON ACCESSIBLE PERFORMANCE USING THE LATEST DESIGN TECHNOLOGY AND UNDERSTANDING FROM OUR HIGHEST PERFORMANCE RACE KITE, THE R1 V4.
Performance wise the Chrono V4 sits between the Hyperlink and R1 models. Many technical details were transferred across from the R1 V4 to the Chrono V4 providing a similar feeling while being less demanding to fly. It’s for performance orientated Hydro Foil and Twin Tip riders who want a high level foil kite for light to mid wind ranges.
New Leading Edge Transversal Shaping creates a cleaner surface on the most important area of the aerofoil. The new internal construction, increased cell count by 8%, bridle line count reduced by 25% and total bridle line length reduced by 14% drastically reduces drag. These advancements in design combined with lightweight materials means the kite handles extremely well especially in light winds. The Chrono V4 is not much more demanding to fly than the Hyperlink V2 however its performance threshold is closer to the R1 V4, so it has more potential to take you to the next level!
Continuous power generation through turns makes the Chrono V4 a fun kite for active flying to generate power when conditions are light. It is ultra stable and reacts to bar inputs instantly making it easy to get riding in the lightest winds. An overall lighter bar feeling allows you to ride with less fatigue.
For Foil Board riders the Chrono V4 is a true out and out sports car, the harder you drive the more it offers. It’s got great angles up and downwind, it’s really fast if you like speed and hold on if you send it! Twin Tip riders can expect nice big floaty jumps, just load the rail and send it. Easy up wind even when it's light and if you have a flat water spot then pull that bar in and see how much power and speed your legs can handle!
The Chrono V4 features an all-new material combination with a durable, airtight and lightweight double rip-stop for the upper and lower surfaces. The new material has a unique formulated coating to help shed water, improving flying characteristics and water re-launch. The Chrono V4 is durable and strong, while being as lightweight as the V3 Ultralight version.
The Leading Edge air intakes have been refined for faster progressive inflation, improved seal and optimised positioning to maintain internal air pressure. This enhances land and water re-launch capabilities.
BRAKE LINE SETTINGS
Three settings allow you to fine tune kite feedback and bar pressure to your liking. It is quick and easy to change with no extra lines to add or remove.
All-round – The ideal balance in performance and feeling for most riders and conditions. The All-round setting is the middle knot on the PB1 line (factory setting).
Twin Tip – Increases bar pressure and offers a sharper, more direct feeling perfect for Twin Tip riding. If you prefer a heavier and direct feel this could be the setting for you. The Twin Tip setting is the lower knot on the PB1 line.
Hydro foil – Decreases bar pressure with a longer lifting period perfect for foiling maneouvers.The Hydro Foil setting is the upper knot on the PB1 line.
FLYING LINE RECOMMENDATIONS
We recommend the following line length over the standard 25m:
- 11m & 13m – 21m Lines
- 15m & 18m – 23m Lines
Using line lengths of 20m to 23m the handling of the Chrono V4 becomes more responsive making jumping more direct and easier. You will feel an increased ‘connection’ to the kite, it will become more responsive and direct. In stronger winds with shorter lines the upwind ability will be enhanced significantly. For Hydro Foiling shorter lines (10m to 20m) are preferred by a wide range of users.
• EXCEPTIONAL OZONE FACTORY CONSTRUCTION - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
• HIGH PERFORMANCE ULTRA LIGHT MATERIALS - All new improved Ultra Light material combination: durable, airtight, lightweight double rip-stop, with unique coatings to help shed water. Using Ultra Light materials translates to true performance increases - the kite inflates quicker, flies faster and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
• HIGH CELL COUNT - A high number of cells controls ballooning between the ribs, holding the wing shape and designed surfaces smoother and more accurately. This reduces turbulent airflow, providing more efficiency, speed and de-power for increased overall performance.
• L.E PROFILE REINFORCEMENTS - The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
• SHEATHED BRIDLE LINES - High quality, low stretch sheathed Dyneema bridle lines for maximum strength and performance. This is the same bridle line we have used on our Snowkite range for the past 10 years.
• WATER DRAINAGE CHANNELS - An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
• TUNED BRIDLE GEOMETRY - We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
• DESIGNED WITH OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
• TRANSVERSAL SHAPING - The Leading Edge now features Transversal Shaping creating a cleaner surface on the most important area of the aerofoil. The result is less turbulent airflow and longer skin adhesion, which positively effects the lift to drag ratio increasing overall performance.
• OPTIMIZED LEADING EDGE AIR INTAKES - The Leading Edge air intakes have been refined for faster progressive inflation, improved seal and optimised positioning to maintain internal air pressure. This enhances land and water re-launch capabilities.
• INTERNAL DIAGONALS AND STRAPS - Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance, while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
• DOUBLE PULLEY SPEED SYSTEM - Using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys to reduce wear and rider fatigue while improve feeling and performance of the kite.
• WATERPROOD DEFLATION ZIPPER - Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
• CLOSED CELL FOIL KITE TECHNICAL BAG - Technical Bag with loads of space featuring an internal stash pocket and external control system pocket. Adjustable shoulder straps and foam padding provide extra comfort. Choose the Technical Bag for a quick and easy pack down.
• CLOSED CELL FOIL KITE COMPRESSOR BAG (OPTIONAL) - For a secure packing process to maintain the plastic pattern profile shape. Light weight materials, internal compression straps and a breathable mesh lining keep weight and packing size to a minimum - perfect when traveling with multiple kites. Combine with the Technical Bag to fit multiple kites inside one bag.
|BAR SIZE (CM)||50||50||55||55|
|LINE LENGTH (M)||21-25||21-25||23-25||23-25|
|NUMBER OF CELLS||47||47||47||47|
|PROJECTED AREA (M2)||8.34||9.98||11.6||14.1|
|FLAT AREA (M2)||10.7||12.7||14.8||17.8|
|FLAT ASPECT RATIO||6||6||6||6|
|ROOT CHORD (MM)||1600||1750||1890||2080|