The most comprehensive start in Kitesurfing!
- This course runs for 6 hours and is split over 3 Days.
- These Intensive Kite Courses are special designed to maximize your training. You’ll get all the quality instruction offered on our other courses in a 6 hour package.
- This way you’ll be able to really grasp Kite Surfing in the shortest time possible. These course are for those who are serious about going home competent Kite Surfers.
We reccommend for those with no previous kite flying experience to consider purchasing a trainer kite to practice and refine your flying skills prior to commencing your kitebaording course as this will get you the most value for money, allowing you to progress quickly during your lesson time. Have a look here for a trainer kite solution that we stock.
Our training programs are customised to give each individual student the skills to become an independent kiteboarder with the confidence to handle a variety of situations and conditions. Briskites specialises in getting you on the water quickly, enjoyably and safely - all of our instructors are skilled professionals, dedicated to making it as easy as possible for you to master the sport.
When learning with BrisKites you will recieve the best kiteboarding instruction available in Brisbane.
Benefits for you-
- Brisbanes longest running kiteboarding school. We are number 1 in kite schools.
- A structured training program developed over 14 years
- We use the latest equipment from some of the most reliable brands in kitesurfing
- BB Talkin Radio headset for the board phase.
- Highly experienced instructors, backed up by the BrisKites team.
Confidence in knowing we have a 100% safety record
We have fully qualified IKO instructors, not "assistant instructors" with little experience.
What you need to bring:
What we provide:
- The latest Kites
- Helmet and vest
Lessons are conducted at Brighton kite beach. Between Eighteenth and Nineteenth Avenue on Flinders Parade Brighton.
Before your first lesson we will meet at the store but any following lesson or lessons outside of shop hours you will meet your instructor at the beach.
On days the shop is closed your instructor will contact you that morning to confirm. Otherwise just turn up at your booking time.
- We require at least 24 hours notice to re-schedule a lesson. Any less than 24 hour will incur a $30 re-booking fee.
- Often lessons will need to be re-scheduled due to unsuitable weather conditions. If you require more than 1 hour notice for cancellations due to weather please let us know.
- All lesson payments and vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase
- Lessons are only run from 12knt to a maximum of 25knt depending on the weight and kite experience of the student.
Terms and Conditions:
- Lesson vouchers are valid for 24 months only.
- Bookings should be made 24hr in advance to be sure of confirmation.
- Booking changes and cancellations require 24hrs notice otherwise a $30 re-booking fee will be charged.
- Lessons are weather dependant and we reserve the right to postpone lessons due to lack of wind or dangerous conditions.
Here is what we will cover during your course accoridng to IKO standards:
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant.
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite.
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite
- Know the wind window
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre- flight check equipment and settings
- In flight check equipment and settings
- Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
- Pull quick release and activate leash
- Recover the bar and kite
- Self land
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kite.
- Water re-launch the kite.
- First body drag downwind.
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window.
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging.
- Recover the kite and bar in the water.
- Upwind body drag to recover board.
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand.
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging.
- Know the power stroke for a water start.
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start.
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start.
- Water start in both directions and ride a short distance.
- Come to a controlled stop.
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects.
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality.
- Know the right of way rules.
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions.
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.