Action video cameras and helmet cams have been around for a while now and finally there are some feature rich high quality units on the market.
We have spent some time testing most units currently available and here is why we chose to stock Contour cameras-
- Sturdy Aluminium body
- Excellent quality video image
- Simple user software and interface
- GPS enabled model available
- Simple one switch recording (very handy when camera is on your head)
- Use your Android or IPhone as a viewfinder (GPS model)
Check out the range available from Briskites here- http://www.briskites.com.au/index.php?l=product_list&c=89
See all the Contour details, specs and videos on their site here- http://www.contour.com/
The ContourHD 1080p camera records HD quality audio and video and can accept up to a 16GB Micro SD Card! ContourHD 1080p combines amazing video clarity, a wide angle lens (135 degrees), single button simplicity, and a click to share online experience.
Its light (4 ounces) but armored aluminum body enables you to capture video in any weather conditions. ContourHD’s TRailTM Mounts seamlessly attach the camera to your body, helmet, goggles, or vehicle for hands-free recording.
Choose between High Definition mode or High Action mode!
Full HD – 1080p (1920×1280)
Tall HD – 960p (1280×960)
Action HD – 720p (1280×720)
Contour HD – 720p (1280×720)
Fast SD – WVGA (848×480)
If you’d rather pick your helmet camera resolution by frame rate, ContourHD 1080p offers three and ContourHD offers two. Now the fastest action will be butter smooth or ready to replay in s…l…o…w… motion.
30fps – 1080p and 720p
60fps – 720p and WVGA
ContourHD 1080p gives you choices. Use the Easy Edit software to dial in your contrast (high, med or low), exposure (-4 to +4), metering (spot, center, avg), and the gain of the microphone, making the ContourHD 1080p the world’s most configurable HD wearable camcorder.
One Button Record
ContourHD’s operation couldn’t be simpler, as it features a single oversized record switch that you can use even when you’re wearing a pair of gloves. Slide the switch forward to record and slide it back to stop—congratulations, you just made a video! Now you can capture the best scenes right before they happen.
Easy to Align
Have you ever seen a camera with lasers? ContourHD uses two of them and a 192 degree rotating lens to ensure you line up the shot every time. Turn on the lasers and rotate the front lens until the two laser points are horizontally aligned. Congratulations, you just lined up your video.
What’s in the Box
• ContourHD 1080p Camera
• Micro SD Card (2GB)
• Goggle Mount
• Flat Surface Mount
• Rechargeable Battery (1050MAH – 2 hours)
• Operation Manual
• USB Cable
Additional Images: (Click To Enlarge)
Optional Mounts & Accessories:
• Extended Life Lithium Battery (2000MAH – 5 hours) After Market
• Lithium Battery (1100MAH – 2.5 hours) After Market
• Waterproof Case
• Battery Wall Charger
• View all ContourHD1080p Accessories & Mounts
• 5 Mega-pixel CMOS Image Sensor
• Codec: H.264
• File Type: .mov
• Internal Microphone
• AAC Audio Compression
• 135° – 960p and 720p (SD)
• 110° – 1080p and WVGA
• Type: Removable MicroSD (SDHC compatible)
• Capacity: 16GB (2GB included)
• 3 Hour Average Record Time
Battery & Power
• Removable Lithium-ion Battery
• Charging via USB to Computer or Wall Charger (sold separately)
• Charge Time: 4 hours (average)
Easy Edit™ Software
• Compatible Operating Systems:
Mac (10.4 & 10.5) | PC (XP & Vista)
• Videos Download via USB 2.0
Size and Weight
• Height: 95mm
• Length: 53mm
• Width: 34mm
• Weight: 4.3 ounces (123 grams)